By this one act, our President may well prove himself unfit to serve as an official of the U.S Government!
Let’s break this down:
The oath of the President
The job description given in the oath of office, the very first job, the primary job of the president of the United States is a simple one: “…preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.” The actions proposed today constitute a serious breach of that oath in at least the 3 following ways:
The breaking of the oath
1. Ordering a work around for a portion of the Constitution. This by executive order bypasses the houses of congress and usurps parts of the judiciary.
2. Redefining the concept of who or what makes up “the people” mentioned in the Second Amendment. These orders will allow for redefining some as being unfit by reason of mental illness who are not so.
3. Infringing on the right of said people via executive order is doing the exact opposite of his oath. Instead of protecting the Constitution he is dismantling it.
There are many others.
The constitutional consequences
Articles of impeachment should be drawn up and presented before congress and he should be impeached as specified by article 2 section 4 of the U.S. Constitution.
- The president swore to uphold and defend the Constitution.
- The President’s planned executive actions will violate that oath.
- The violation of that oath is treason.
- Impeachment is the proper procedure for this violation.